- Market leader in the catering & hospitality industry across Australia & New Zealand
- Versatile portfolio of venues
- Central Sydney location
Our client is currently seeking an Assistant Manager Functions to join their corporate operations team.
In this exciting yet challenging role you will assist in the overall management of all event and non-event day functions. With over 20 versatile event spaces catering for up to 750 guests, the venue can be used to create unique experiences for sporting games, conferences, cocktail parties, dinners and team building events.
Your key responsibilities in this role will include:
- Manage event orders to ensure stakeholders involved in each event receive up to date communication on client expectations.
- Assist in the planning and execution of operational goals for the functions and events team.
- Supervise casual team members to ensure exceptional service is delivered to clients.
- Assist in generating the weekly financial reports providing clear information on the overall performance of the function and events team
- Comply with legislative regulations, standards, codes of practice and company procedures, including WH&S, Food Safety, Risk Management, Quality Assurance and Liquor Licensing
- Other tasks as requested by Functions Manager
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Demonstrated experience in managing large functions or events and supervising large teams
- Exceptional service standards and experience in delivering first class service to high profile corporate clientele
- Experience in complaint handling
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience working in a high volume Al A Carte environment will be highly regarded
- Strong time management and attention to detail
If you are an experienced and driven events management professional and are looking for your next big opportunity, apply now!